Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   Greetings from out West (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/1532-greetings-out-west.html)

Patrick Nauman 06-19-2007 12:37 PM

Greetings from out West

Hello old friends!! I thought I should take a moment to catch some of you up. For those of you who haven't heard I left Majestic America in the middle of April. I decided a while ago that I longed for a simpler life that what the job and the city held for me.

So I have moved back to Idaho and with a business partner have purchased a candy shop and deli. We do handmade chocolates that are scrumptious. We just took over last Saturday and are very excited. With any kind of luck we will have a website up in about 60 days. When we do I will let you all know so that you can take a look.

If you are ever in Idaho stop by and say hello, I am only about 1 hour north of Boise.

Patrick

Jo Ann Schoen 06-19-2007 02:04 PM

Hey there Patrick. Cousin Sue and I (DQ Trip October, 2004, Nashville to Cincinnati) both say "Hi" and much luck in your new endeaver.

Judy Patsch 06-19-2007 05:06 PM

What town are you in? Too bad Idaho is so far from Illinois - I could supply your shop with chocolate chip cookies! Best of luck in this venture and thanks for all your kindnesses on my last DQ trip several years ago.

David Dewey 06-20-2007 02:21 AM

Patrick,
An hour NORTH of Boise?? Sounds like you're in the "Sawtooths" -- if I recall rightly, there is a small town up there that once was the biggest goldfield ever, can't remember the name. Good luck to ya!!
Mmm, homeade candy. Now how 'bout some Ice Cream too??? Mmmmm. . . .
Oh yeah, and some of Judy's cookies!!!
S'
David D.
Cholestoral???? huh????

Patrick Nauman 06-20-2007 04:27 PM

The name of the town that I am in is Weiser. Judy.....you can come visit anytime, even without cookies, of course I won't turn them down either if you bring them. David come on out I do ice creams too!! I hope to have a website up in about 30-60 days, I will keep you posted. You probably won't want to order ice cream that way but maybe a box or two of candy.

Paul Penta 06-21-2007 01:56 AM

I'm happy for you, my friend, you will be missed. Your kindness and friendship during my short time on the mother ship was greatly appreciated.

I still hope to return to the river next season on the MQ, but having spent so much time away from the boats over the past few years, the knowledge that you never EVER leave the "family" has meant a lot to me as I'm sure will be the case for you. But you already know that.

Take care
Paul

Carmen 06-21-2007 02:27 AM

Patrick,

It was a great pleasure meeting you and cruising with you on the DQ!!

We wish you all the best for your new life!

Carmen, Franz and Leonie

David Dewey 06-22-2007 02:18 AM

That's it!!! Not a large place either!
So, you don't think an ice cream would priority mail to me well??? :)
S'
David D.
If I'm ever back up that way, I'll have to drop in!

Margaret Swan 06-24-2007 01:19 AM

Patrick, you will be missed! The main thing is to enjoy your new adventure/business. And, most of all, keep your hands out of the candy jar.
[small bites to assure quality are okay, but not numerous pieces]. Let us know your website address.

Margaret Swan

Jazzou Jones 06-24-2007 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=Margaret Swan;6262]Patrick, you will be missed! The main thing is to enjoy your new adventure/business. And, most of all, keep your hands out of the candy jar.
[small bites to assure quality are okay, but not numerous pieces]. Let us know your website address.

Margaret Swan[/QUOTE]

Margaret,

That's like passing up the cookie basket in the Forward Cabin Lounge....difficult, if not impossible. Well, maybe from his vantage point in the Purser's Office, which is close proximity to the cookie basket, and as Hotel Manager also noticing the vast amount of cookies being consumed, Patrick realized a long time ago that the candy/cookies/confections business would be a sure shot when his boating days ended...

Patrick,

You will do great in the candy business! Diane, John and I wish you every success. Next time we're in Weiser, we'll be sure to drop by.

Jazzou