not logged in.
           forgot password?

Parents Packing List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Parents Packing List

Quote:
Parents should pack some basic entertainment stuff like coloring books, crayolas, MP3 player, Nintendo/Gameboy or similar or simply a good new book (all depending on the age of the kid). The only reason Im not cruising on the DQ anymore is that the DQ has no triples and Im not able to afford 2 cabins for 3 people. Sure you have a small pool, ice cream, cinema on the MQ / AQ which is a bit more attracting for kids than the smaller DQ.
Thanks for all of the help that everyone has been giving me. I had been planning on telling our teens that they should leave the Gameboy's at home. Based on the comment above I wonder if I am asking for trouble by doing this.

My feeling was that we needed to encourage them to enjoy the experience, from what I see above I wonder if I would be crossing the line from encouraging them to enjoy the trip on the AQ and into causing them to resent it?

One of our kids is really into books, and if Book seven of the HP series was coming out during the cruise, we would run to a bookstore to get a copy, mid cruise. The other one would rather spend the entire day with Gameboy than than do new things. He will try the new thing, if he can go back to the Gameboy if it doesn't work out. At home this means limited Gameboy time.

Since everything on the cruise will be new, and everything I have told him about the cruise has resulted in a bored eye roll, I don't want to ask for trouble where it isn't needed.