Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   River Talk & Cruises (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/)
-   -   Another DQ Question (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/river-talk-cruises/1277-another-dq-question.html)

sandy mccluskey 04-16-2007 09:07 AM

Another DQ Question

Going though my Doc's...Info Book...Under Luggage Storage...It say's " Each stateroom has a pullman rack for hanging garments."

Does this mean their are no closets?

Do they give you enough hangers...or is it wise to pack a few?

Sandy

David Dewey 04-16-2007 09:45 AM

Closet??? We don' neeeed no stinkin' closets!!
I forget which room you're in, in our "F" class cabin, the pullman rack was over my bed, it was a good place to put my hat, and I hung a few shirts on it, the rest of the hanging clothes were hung on the hook by the front door that the life vests were on when we arrived (and were promptly put under our beds--but don't tell the Coast Guard that!). Everything else went into the dresser drawers.
Remember; it's not about the clothes (unless you're Diamond Dave), but about the boat and the fun! :)
Trust me, you'll have a GRAND, WOWZIERS time!
S'
David D.
And if Bruno thinks he's too far from brown water, I sure ain't any closer!! :)

sandy mccluskey 04-16-2007 10:07 AM

David...I knew I could count on you....I guess thats why they put a iron in the rooms..well at least I won't get shocked when we walk into are cat "D" room.
Did you know that when Crystle Cruise lines first came out with the "Harmony" The staterooms did not have closets...The reason is that Japaneese don't use closets..They stack their close...After a few years when the ship did their first dry dock...They put in closets, as they also did on all their new ships..
Sandy...A Jeans and Tshirt Lady

Bruno Krause 04-16-2007 10:36 AM

Sandy, Deb and I have been in most of the classes of staterooms on the DQ and we don't ever remember having a closet in any of them, could be senior memory and all that. When you go up into the fancy-schmancy staterooms the chest of drawer and night stand storage sizes go up, though. "F's" just have the single chest of drawers, nice sized ones though, with four drawers if I remember.

Deb always brings about about 12 hangers to the boat. Typically it seems that the boat supplies about 8 to 10 nice wood hangers most with clips for slacks, so each hanger can do double duty.

David summed it up pretty good. The only thing I'd add is that there are hooks everywhere for hanging the loose non-wrinkle stuff. There are multiple hooks in the bathroom on the wall, on the bathroom door and on the bottom rung of the Pullman rack...

Paul Penta 04-16-2007 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=Bruno Krause;5035]

David summed it up pretty good. The only thing I'd add is that there are hooks everywhere for hanging the loose non-wrinkle stuff. There are multiple hooks in the bathroom on the wall, on the bathroom door and on the bottom rung of the Pullman rack...[/QUOTE]

Sandy,

I'm not sure if it's still part of the CD's "welcoming" speech, but we were careful to remind DQ passengers NOT to hang clothes on that convenient little metal "thingy" in the overhead with the circular piece of metal and what looked like a sprinkler head. People have been known to mistake that for a place to hang clothes. Not a grand idea.

:O)

Paul

Pat Traynor 04-16-2007 09:02 PM

pat traynor

We've always just asked our cabin attendent or the purser's office for more hangers, and always receive as many as we want very promptly - leave the hangers home, Deb, and lighten your luggage a bit! I'll sure miss you guys on this trip - why don't you come to Mud Island and stow away?

Bruno Krause 04-16-2007 09:45 PM

Now see, that's one of the reasons we like you so much Pat, you have all the smarts!
Mud Island?...Stow away? You know if we could we'd be there with you gals in a flash. Have a safe flight and a GREAT time and say hi to all...

Two very green New Yorkers

David Dewey 04-16-2007 11:02 PM

OH, YES!! Very much included! Don't want any waterfalls INSIDE the boat!
Sandy, don't even THINK of hanging something on the sprinkler!
S'
David D.

David Dewey 04-16-2007 11:04 PM

Hi Pat
I would snore very quietly under the bed! :)
S'
David

Judy Nichols 04-17-2007 03:04 PM

Sandy,
I've been watching your postings and think I recall you saying you will be in room 323 on the DQ. We have had one cruise on the AQ and 16 on the MQ, but our first on the old girl will be May 24. We are also booked in room 323 so I'll be interested in hearing what you find. ( By the way..They sure have closets on the MQ and I've roomed in lots of them) It never bothers us, what is important is being on that wonderful river. Can't wait...this is the first trip since the new regime (prices finally got where we could afford them). Have a glorious trip!
Judy Nichols