Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

The Fish...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Default The Fish...

Deborah Ann "Fish" Fischbeck died of cancer, yesterday morning, 2 April 2007, at her mother's home near Baltimore Maryland. Though she worked on both the DQ and MQ, the flame-haired beauty was best remembered on the MISSISSIPPI QUEEN as a hard-working maid who kept two linen boys running on turnover days, and could make forty beds an hour on regular days.

It was on the MQ that I first saw her on a departure day when, as the Mate, I first spied her and fell in love with her. Our first date was a row up the Yazoo where we found a sandy shore, built a fire, and as she watched amused, I swam in the river. Though we parted after nearly two years and went separate ways, we continued caring for each other. After 19 years I found her again through the internet and we have continued to correspond since.

Deborah's mother, Sara English, found her daughter had passed away when she went to awaken her for breakfast on Monday morning. It was Mrs. English's 89th birthday. The family has requested donations to the American Cancer Society in lieu of flowers. A graveside ceremony will be held in St. Joseph's Cemetery near her home on Tuesday.

http://www.steamboats.org/forum/atta...2&d=1166210025

Last edited by Shipyard Sam; 04-03-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: xx