not logged in.
           forgot password?

Report from the DQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Report from the DQ

Hi Folks,
I had a call late yesterday afternoon from the decks of the hallowed DELTA QUEEN. She had just passed Baton Rouge and was headed to Natchez, MS for the Spring Pilgrimage. Aboard as had been noted on here were many repeaters. The report was she was full and about 50% were repeaters. Among those were Pat Traynor, who called me. She was laughing as she had been given an upgrade in cabin from the bunk bed on the Texas to a Cabin Deck cabin. It was at the stern of the boat and a bucket board was making a racket during the night, so sleep didn't come as easily as usual on the boat. She was happy to report that many of our beloved crew were back in the dining room and of course, she was delighted that Walter Cross and his band was back. She loves the bon voyage party in the Texas on the afternoon of departure.
No flat screen TV's in the cabins. She did note that there were new fluffy towels though. She said the menu was different, but that the food was good. She mentioned the missing Eagle on the pilot house. From the pictures that were posted here, I thought our boat looked about half dressed. Do we need a campaign to bring it back?
She said they saw the MISSISSIPPI QUEEN, who looked like she still needed lots of work.
So green with envy on St. Patrick's Day weekend after that conversation I had to start getting my wardrobe ready for my trip in THIRTY NINE DAYS!