Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

MQ - Steamboat Race Cancelled - Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Default MQ - Steamboat Race Cancelled - Help

Thankfully through this website, I learned that the MQ will not be part of the Great Steamboat Race this year but that the DQ will do this cruise.

Majestic has offered to transfer our booking to DQ but can only offer us a Deluxe Outside Stateroom - Cat. C, whereby we were in a Cat. AA on the MQ. I'm asking out of pure lack of knowledge of the DQ - but would we have set out expectations too high with a Cat. AA to then occupy a Cat. C stateroom? I appreciate that some people don't put a high value on staterooms but it is important to us and not having a verandah or balcony could make a significant difference to us.

With that being said, and never being on a riverboat, is the ambiance of the cruise so very different from a ship cruise, that the stateroom is insignificant?

Also, I am assuming that the theme of the cruise will just not be the same not having both boats so would anyone know how this would affect activities that are usually on The Great Steamboat Race.

Your input and suggestions will be very much appreciated and we thank you because to find out that there is only 1 Cat. C stateroom available, we have to make a decision very quickly.

Cheers,
Kathy