View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Default Finally...new CD's!

Hey all...

Over the last 5 years I have threatened to release a new CD since the last one was released in 2003. Many ideas have been bandied about as to what it would and could be. Over the winter I worked on a music CD and a audio book on the history of the DELTA QUEEN. The end result was this....2 CD's which are now available! I am working on another audio book CD that will not see production until the early fall at earliest....so look for an announcement of it at a later date. I hope to have it ready before Christmas! Time will tell on this one.

The First CD is an audio book entitled, "DELTA QUEEN - The Grande Dame of the Mississippi". It runs approximatly 2 hours and is a 2 CD set with a hidden partial calliope concert in one of the chapters. This is essentially my DELTA QUEEN history talk when I am aboard the boat with all the stories in it because time wasn't a concern. This dual disc CD is currently available! $24.99 each

The second CD if my often threatened music CD. This one was recorded in my home on a Yamaha digital electric piano. Featured are Piano, Organ, and Harpsichord tracks. Some of the featured tracks include..."The Delta Queen Waltz", The Vic Tooker classic..."On The Mississippi Queen", "The Oceana Roll", "Honeysuckle Rose", "Aura Lee", and many more! Yes, as you might expect of me there is a complete calliope concert featuring the Steamer DELTA QUEEN calliope recorded on the 28th of October 2007 aboard the legendary one! The title of this one is "Because I told You I Didn't". It seemed appropriate, as I have been saying that aboard the DELTA QUEEN for 4 years now when asked to play the piano...so this is where the title name comes from. $14.99 each

I am offering a steamboats.org only deal here...I will sell them both for $35.00 as a pair. Although I am going to see about offering them on the boat this summer when I am aboard, I will not offer this offer there as there is a fee to sell aboard.

Shipping and Handling
$5.00 individual US and $7.00 individual International. The pair ships for $7.00 US and $10.00 International.

Send your check or money order to...

Travis C. Vasconcelos
978 Vine Street
Louisville, KY. 40204

If you have any questions about the CD's please email them to me at... steamcalliope@yahoo.com

Since I will be aboard the AMERICAN QUEEN from the 15th-the 29th of March, orders recieved at that time will not be shipped until the week of the first of April.

The long and cold winter sure looked brighter thinking of steamboats and their music. I hope you come to appreciate these recordings as much as I enjoyed making them!

I am working on another audio book CD that will not see production until the early fall at earliest....so look for an announcement of it at a later date. I hope to have it ready before Christmas! Time will tell on this one.

Last edited by inactive user 02; 03-03-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Misuse of the english language