View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Richard,

Very, very nice video...

I will admit, a lot of misty eyes, Deb and me both, in New York lately... What is it, age or lack of testosterone, that makes me get wet eyes, especially hearing Tony playing the calliope (Gawd, isn't he one of the masters, him and Jazzou, wonderful stuff, like a fine wine?)? Or is it us tearing up over Majestic America Line having the very recent, predicted but serious corporate brain fart...just kidding, love you big fellas, wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean? I did spell out your company name fully, at least I didn't use the initials that you guys have nightmares with...what IS it with you guys? You can't realize how friggin' important the Delta Queen is? Want a clue? Just type in Delta Queen vs. Mississippi Queen vs. American Queen into Google Images, check out the amount of returns...Hell, type them into eBay, too...How many books have been written about your "flagship"?

Let me give you a clue...The Delta Queen... She IS your cash cow, I know you don't think so right now...but I know you guys have bean counter types, types with pleated pants and pedicures that have never been within 500 miles of the DQ, the types that are paid the big bucks to make the numbers look anyway you want them to, I suspect one of them can figure it out...

And Oberstar talking about a "747"... What the hell does that have anything to do with it? I'll ask the respected representative from Minnesota the big bal-s question...Does a passenger carrying, vintage 60 year old DC-3 or a 35 year old DC-9 (which Northwest is STILL flying) have the same safety requirements as the latest Boeing 747...or 737? Or even 30 year old 747? Did you honestly realize that the "public" IS flying everyday on such non-upgraded and unsafe relics (please notice tongue firmly in cheek here)? And Mr Transportation expert, do you realize that probably half the planes you have flown on in the past ten years have a system that is potentially defective? And the FAA has mandated, by looking at risk analysis, that the planes are to be upgraded slowly, over time, so as to not send the industry down the tubes. Meanwhile the crews have been TRAINED to sucessfully respond to the defect if a particular plane that hasn't been upgraded yet has a problem. Does any of this sound familar, even remotely? Don't respond, the engineer in me already suspects the answer...

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...How, in gawd's green earth are we 'sposed to get our 25 timer pins? Maybe the AQ will fill the bill, but I suspect it will be like kissing your sister, and I'm sorry your west coast boats do not hold much of an attraction for us. Any suggestions, anybody? Yes, tonight I'm a little ****ed, but I suspect I'll be better tomorrow and semi-regret this posting...And by friday afternoon in beautiful Ken-Tucky, I'll be very mellow and friendly. But, hey Majestic, 15 big ones a year, every year, until I'm hopefully into drooling age, you know you are kissing that off, and aren't Deb and I your supposed, infamous "affluent" target market...wanna comment? I'm thinking Cruise West or...Riverboat Explorer...and maybe, wait for it, try not to gag, Holland...tonight, yes I'm a little ****ed...

Thanks again Richard, very nice stuff...anything showing the "LEGENDARY" one is eye candy in my book...nothing, NOTHING beats the ol' gal...

Ban away or edit away if this is over the line...

Last edited by Bruno Krause; 08-22-2007 at 10:19 PM.