View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Franz-
It seems to me that Majestic America Line needs to be asked for an official statement to Steamboats.org about this. If they will not operate it or sell it to another operator, then we need to organize a Boycott Majestic America Line initiative.

I note in the newspaper article that AI just had their annual shareholders meeting. I wonder if the DQ was mentioned or if any shareholders raised the issue.

The article also says,"Todd Lindgren, communications manager for U.S. Rep. Steve Chabot, R-1st District, said the waiver for the Delta Queen had been attached to a Coast Guard re-authorization bill when the proposed legislation was sent to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.

But when the bill emerged from the committee, the waiver for the boat had been deleted. Lindgren said the full House has not yet acted on the bill.

He also said the waiver has been attached to a similar bill in the Senate that has not yet been discussed in committee.

"It's still early in the process. It seems like it's kind of premature," Lindgren said of Majestic America's announcement that it has, in effect, given up on its effort to secure the waiver."

Who deleted the DQ exemption? Why did they do it? Why has Majestic America Line "given up" before the senate version has emerged?

Change the swan to a snake. Most people see it that way, anyway.