View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 AM

*ACL's boat yard/Congressional 'non' help.*
Morning, Wesley,
Read your posting above. Sure would be nice to get some of these new builds for river cruise lines done on our rivers, in our yards but 'something' going on here. No surprise to me that you have a representative apparently "not in support of the DQ exemption." I'm hearing this now more than I expected. Again, in my own communications, I hear by phone or E=Mail the usual 'canned' responses: "Thank you for contacting this office. We will pass your message along." Or "Many thanks for your communication but haven't we heard from you and others more than once on this issue?" I'm avoiding 'overkill' as it's backfiring.

I wonder about congress now and their mounting agenda: danger from North Korea, aftermath of 'Harvey,' issues with Russia and Putin, immigration/citizenship confrontations, boiling issues with our historical past in monuments, apparent confusion within our congressional ranks and an obvious 'free fall' within the White House itself. We live in strange and dangerous times the likes of which I can't remember. So far not much to nothing posted RE: the DQ initiative directly from those involved with their first-hand information and facts--not from 2nd and 3rd hand sources based in wishful thinking. But what do I know?

R. Dale Flick
Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.