View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 01:54 PM

*Co-sponsors/Congressional calendar/S&D weekend*
Steamboating colleagues:
Thanks to Mike and Frank for the information and work above. Also good seeing you two at last weekend's annual S&D of Pioneer Rivermen meeting in Marietta, Ohio. Great event this year with trip to Blennerhassette Island & Mansion, Saturday banquet featuring Capt. Alan Bernstein of B/B RIVERBOATS, Covington, KY, Port of Cincinnati speaking on his family history in food and restaurants moving on to founding a very successful excursion boat company. When asked "What's next?" Alan just smiled. Attandance for all was up including the Saturday banquet program. If you haven't joined S&D or re-upped do so. Mike, good words on your part RE: the DQ initiative with words also from Jo Ann Schoen. People did seem to respond but I noticed a lot of 'glassy-eyed stares' from the audience. Jo Ann's reading of Mr. Martin's message mentioned the "boat can't endure another two years."

I've again--and again--done what I can here on my end. *I did just consult my U.S. Congressional Calendar seeing that this coming Friday, September 30, 2016 is the last scheduled day before break. Cheers!

R.Dale Flick
Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.