View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM

Default Thursday

After returning my golf clubs to the storage unit (one round was enough in this heat), I rode the 11:30 trip and then retired to my airconditioned suite at LeRichelieu to cool down and watch the PGA tournament. I hate sitting in a hotel room in NOLA, but sometimes common sense in this heat is needed. I'm about to head over for one more dinner cruise, which have been fairly comfortable while underway.
For August there are a lot of visitors in town - I saw 3 conventions listed in the airport so that is accounting for the higher activity this week. I'll bet if they are thinking of returning here, they'll pick a different month!

Just underway on the 11:30 trip with Capt. Troy C. Delaney. There was quite a bit of debris floating even though the river is dropping, today at 12.2. Also to avoid was a kayaker, pedaling down on the West Bank side, radio less of course and quite outsized in this harbor. With so little freeboard I don't know how he didn't get swamped by the speedy freighters. Not my idea of a river cruise!
Attached Thumbnails
Live from the N.O. Levee-image.jpg