View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 PM

I presume the former skylight area is where the bathrooms for the Texas deck staterooms are now. This particular brochure doesn't give different prices for rooms. Here's what the Time Table page states: leave San Francisco 6:30PM arrive Sacramento 5:30AM; leave Sacramento 6:30PM, arrive San Francisco 5:30AM.
DINING ROOM SERVICE Table d'hote and a'la Carte Dinner 6:30 to 8:30PM Breakfast 6 to 9AM.
Staterooms are air cooled in summer and warmed in winter. Have Hot and Cold running water. Suites of two and Three Rooms wiht Bath or Shower Attractive for Automobile Parties.
These steamers connect at Sacramento with Sacramenton-Northern Railway for: Marysville, Yuba City, Oroville, Chico, Colusa, Woodland and Way Stations. Also connect with Auto Stage LInes for Grass Valley, Nevada City, Lake Tahoe resorts.
Passenger Steamers Pride of the River and Isleton San Francisco - Sacramento and Rio Vista, Isleton, Ryde, Walnut Grove, Courtland and Way Landings. Leave San Francisco 6 PM arrive Sacramento 7AM; leave Sacramento 5PM, arrive San Francisco 6 AM.
So I think Bob is right - the Pride and Isleton made stops and the DK and DQ were express. The DK/DQ trip is 11 hours and the others 13 hours. Apparently the fare per person was the same regardless of the room type, but they got more money for the ones with baths because those were for 'automobile parties', ie. several people, I guess??? I'll see if I can find clearer pix of the old interior..