View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 04:36 PM

Default Goldenrod Showboat Update

Just wanted to check in with a small update on the Goldenrod. There has been quite a few changes in the last month or so. As you all know Jake Medford has led the effort to save this historic legendary boat from going to the scrap pile. Without Jake's efforts this would have probably occurred. Jake was asked to take on more of the business side of the effort and was elected as Vice President of the Historic Riverboat Preservation Association recently. With this move i was asked if i would assume the Lead Caretaker role in which i gladly accepted.I hope i can do as great of a job as Jake has done. We recently added four caretakers who's responsibilities will be the overall security and maintenance of the boat while fund raising efforts continue. The organization also has a team working on fund raising and researching of the boats history. I hope the new year brings many great things for the Historic Legendary Goldenrod Showboat. Rest assured we are working hard on seeing her restored.I will try to check in more often with updates. As i know many of you are interested in the efforts to save this historic boat. Also those of you who live in the St Louis area Channel nine will be running a segment that they recorded aboard the Goldenrod back in September. Here is that info and i hope you can catch it. Tune in to Living St. Louis at 7pm on Monday, January 26th for the first Goldenrod Showboat segment on the Nine Network