View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Default Affordable overnight riverboat cruises

When on both my TWILIGHT and SPIRIT OF PEORIA trips this summer, I asked people how they found out about the boats and their cruises. Several replied that they googled for overnight riverboat cruises, so I am putting this thread on in hopes that it might lead interested people to these family-owned enterprises. Those regulars here on .org know I am not financially affiliated with either boat (other than paying for my trips on them). I am doing this merely to increase their exposure to the traveling public and to keep riverboating alive and well...

The TWILIGHT runs 2 day trips on the Upper Mississippi River, between LeClaire and Dubuque Iowa. The overnight stay is at the Grand Harbor Hotel, which is adjacent to the docking area. For further information see: Mississippi River Cruise - 1 & 2 Day Overnight Mississippi River Cruises on the Riverboat Twilight.

The SPIRIT of PEORIA runs 2 and 3 day trips to Starved Rock State Park from Peoria, with the overnight at the Starved Rock Lodge. This trip covers the Upper Illinois River. The SoP also does extended trips to St.Louis and Hannibal, which take in the lower Illinois and a section of the Upper Mississippi. For further information see: Mississippi River Cruises, Illinois River Cruises, Paddleboat Cruises, Paddlewheeler :: The Spirit of Peoria

Both boats are diesel powered, are owned by their Captain and his family, and provide passengers with the utmost of personal care, fine food, entertainment and fellowship, and marvelous river scenery. You can't go wrong with either - or you could do both, a nice option if you travel a great distance for the trip. Peoria and LeClaire are just 98 miles apart on I-74/80.

Please see my previous threads on this site recounting with pictures my trips this summer on each of these boats.