View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 PM

Default Thursday evening, already!

Only one day left on this trip, time flies in the Big Easy...
Sloshed through 9 holes of golf at City Park this morning - the courses here don't drain like ours at home - but it was enjoyable anyway.
I made it to the 11:30 trip and immediately saw the bright orange shirts on about 40 junior high-ish aged kids who were riding - just can't get away from kids on boats. It was a good crowd, and overall it is surprising how many people are in town, considering it is after the 4th of July. Usually the bottom falls out then. But as I'm sitting here in the hotel lobby, it is busy with people checking in, large families going out on the town, and a lively bunch in the bar. They'll be joined by the NATCHEZ crew shortly as I'm hosting them tonight, since I have no patio anymore for a PP party.
CCH and I dined at Deanies on the lakefront this evening - missed the Early Bird Special from 3-6. We were there at 6, but the server didn't arrive for several minutes and was rather rude when I suggested we had made the deadline - wonder where I got that parsimonious attitude???

Today's pix:
the flags flying atop the NATCHEZ - between the US flags are the state flag of Louisiana and the old Spanish Castille y Leon (castle and lion), my favorite flag.

In the second pix the old French flag and city of New Orleans are also shown. Note the orange life rafts, stored on the roof so they don't get washed overboard, and SO convenient for the passengers in an emergency. This was the CG's idea many years ago. The steam line to the calliope is visible, as is the calliope console which is covered with a green fitted tarp. The floodlight shines on the pilothouse overnight.

Third pix is looking up Barracks St. from my balcony. If you look very closely, you can see Doc walking up to his place, working off the Deanie's meal. He's by the third vehicle.

Time to go fetch my credit card for the crew gathering... life is rough here...
Attached Thumbnails
Live from the Levee - Summertime in NOLA-img_0005.jpg   Live from the Levee - Summertime in NOLA-img_0004.jpg   Live from the Levee - Summertime in NOLA-img_0007.jpg