Thread: IT PASSED!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Default A big first step

No need to post anything on my NOLA thread yesterday - the DQ was THE news. As I narrated the dinner cruise, I mentioned the 3 steamboats still running, and that the beloved DQ had just passed her first hurdle so I could say there are 4 steamboats still running on the Mississippi River system. She's got lots to get through yet, but you can't get through the second step until you've taken the first step, and she's done that!

My internet is spotty here so I couldn't view any of the proceedings, but I understand there was a lot of BS spewing forth from someone who sees the DQ as a competitor. Obviously the falsehoods he put out need to be corrected and this information disseminated to the Senators to preclude his misinformation campaign succeeding there. Quite frankly, if the new owners of the DQ run her with her quaint touches - like the bunk bed rooms, an occasional 'hokey' sing a long in the Texas, CRUISING IN THE DAYLIGHT, and PLENTY OF CALLIOPE PLAYING, I don't see a direct competition for those passengers who want luxury, bathrobes, large staterooms, and daylong shore stops.

Who is the committee chairman who holds the advancement of the Senate bill in their power?

Down here in the magical French Quarter, riding the NATCHEZ, and dreaming of seeing THE Queen coming round that bend on the Upper again...