View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Steve Huffman Steve Huffman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio River Mile 545.9
Posts: 624
Default

Built in 1923 at Mozena Brothers Boatyard, Clarington, OH, for Joe Cresap, of Moundsville, OH. Wood hull, 63' x 14' x 2.6'. Originally had 40-HP St. Marys gasoline engine. (later repowered with diesel engine).
1943 - Sold to Capt. Mason Crain, Aspinwall, PA. Renamed SKIPPER in 1945.
1946 - Sold to Leroy Cross, Rayland, OH.
1967 - Sold to C.W. "Bud" Daily, Toronto, OH. Renamed LOUISE.
1969 - Sold to Tom Corley, relocated to Panama City, FL and operated on Apalachicola and Chattahoochee Rivers.
1970 - Sold to Clyde Ryberg, Chisca, MN. Donated to city of Winona, WI in 1978, and allowed to sink.
1981 - Sold to Capt. Gary Frommelt (.org and S&D member). Raised and moved to Guttenberg, IA for restoration.
Today - Still hauled out and needs restoration completed.
Reply With Quote