View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM

Location: On the "Beautiful Ohio" at New Albany, Indiana, opposite Louisville, Kentucky
Default Missed at the Museum

Jim: Sorry I missed JoAnn and her sister. The museum closes at 4:00 and the last tour each day is at 3:00, to allow adequate time to tour the mansion. Unless we are having special events, I am generally not there on weekends. If "river family" is in the area, needs to arrive after the usual closing time and can give us plenty of advance notice, Yvonne and/or I will be happy to stay late to facilitate a visit!

Yesterday, the 250 pound brass chandelier from the Library (removed for restoration in March) was returned and rehung. WOW! It looks fabulous! The Music Room chandelier was removed and will be restored next.

Today, Kenny Howe, Jimmy Reising and I begin sorting and pitching in the Laundry House, which is next on the agenda for rehabilitation under the Capital Campaign Project. Goodness knows what "treasures" we will uncover!

On Monday (Halloween) we'll have a "hanging" for the 50+ photo enlargements, made from the James Howard glass plate negatives, for the annual "Fall into Art" show, which opens Sunday, November 6th with a reception. The title of the show is SEEN FROM LIFE: PEOPLE, WORK and STEAMBOATS 1885-1932.

The Steamboat Bicentennial Photo Exhibition, from the collections of the University of Louisville Photo Archives, is still UP in the carriage house and will remain so through Sunday. Again, many thanks to Jimmy Reising for making this fascinating display possible!

Something always going on at "the BIG house"!