View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Keith Norrington Keith Norrington is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: On the "Beautiful Ohio" at New Albany, Indiana, opposite Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 2,078
Default

The steam towboat PATRICK J. HURLEY was built by Dubuque Boat & Boiler in 1930 and was owned by the Federal Barge Lines. She later ran under charter to Mississippi Valley Barge Line, operating on the Upper Mississippi and on the Ohio. The HURLEY was dismantled in 1951. Her engine room telegraph (pilothouse end) was donated to the Missouri Historical Society and for many years was displayed in the River Room at the Jefferson Memorial in Forest Park, St. Louis. Sadly, all of that wonderful collection, including the pilothouse from the Str. GOLDEN EAGLE, is now in storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Steamer Patrick J. Hurley-patrick-j.-hurley.jpg   Steamer Patrick J. Hurley-patrick-j.-hurley-3.jpg   Steamer Patrick J. Hurley-patrick-j.-hurley-underway-stern.jpg  

Reply With Quote