View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Bill Judd Bill Judd is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 456
Default

Nick I think you are thinking of the current Timothy Bo Taylor ex.TRADEWIND. I'm sure Jim is referring to the big TRADEWINDS which was a sistership to the SOLVAY and CHARLESTON. In the 1950's that was big horsepower. It was also real honest horsepower and thrust. Slow speed engines turning big wheels, usually in nozzles. Jim's point is very valid as to the pilots ability to just not get in a bad spot. In those days we were bored stiff 90% of the time and scared stiff the other 10%. Trust me!!
Reply With Quote