View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 AM

Steve

When the preacher starts getting personal, he's no longer preaching but now is meddling! You my friend are meddling with your new 2009 calendar, as it is in fact, very personal both to my entire family and myself. You have honor us both by featuring the M/V Jane Rhea in April, but also elected to grace the back with a colored photo of my dad Capt. Jack Ray actually at the wheel of the Jane Rhea. It brings special memories to me, as I took this photo as we made our way down the Cumberland and then up the Ohio River where at Cave-In-Rock we turned the Union Barge Line mighty Jason. Not a bad days work for the little lady. In addition you also included the Hines Zephyr another vessel with special memories.
I commend you for your tireless efforts not only in maintaining another lady the M/V Barbara H. (not to overlook Mrs. Barbara, always remembering that behind every great man there was a grander lady) but also in preserving the history of all of the many gas/diesel power sternwheeler towboats. It will give me great pleasure to include a number of these calendars on my Christmas list for family and friends. Wishing you every success for a great fund-raiser for the coming new years.

Best Regards,
Ed Ray
Dublin, Ohio